Ana Celia de Armas Caso is a young Cuban actress, a rising Hollywood star who has fascinated audiences in the 21st century. She lives in New York City with her boyfriend Paul, Vice President of Tinder, adores her family and flies to Cuba all the time.
Whether you’re a fan of this actress or just discovering her talent, this girl has a huge future and a wide range of images in a variety of films. Sit back comfortably and explore a list of the best movies with Ana de Armas, from her humble beginnings in Cuba to her brilliant Hollywood triumph. By the way, a new movie starring Ana, a spin-off of “John Wick” called “Ballerina,” will be released in 2024.
- Rating IMDB – 5.8
- Genre: Action, melodrama, comedy, adventure
- USA production / 2023
- Directed by Dexter Fletcher
- Cast: Chris Evans, Ana de Armas, Adrien Brody, Mike Moe, Tim Blake Nelson, Tate Donovan, Amy Sedaris, Lizzie Broadway, Mustafa Shakir, Anthony Mackie
Melodramatic action movie or action melodrama? Once again, Chris Evans and Ana de Armas play together. He’s the sloppy farmer Cole, she’s the mysterious girl the farmer has a crush on at first sight.
Sweet girl Sadie buys Cole a flower for her empty apartment, and their companionship quickly turns into a date. But in the morning Cole realizes that his sweetheart has disappeared. He calculates that she has taken off for London and rushes after her, hoping if not to develop a relationship, at least to get an answer to his “Why?” And he finds himself in the middle of a risky mission to save the world by the CIA super agent, the same Sadie.
At first they chose Scarlett Johansson for the role of Sadie, but she could not because of participation in other projects.
- Rating IMDB – 5.5
- Genre: Biography, Drama
- USA production /2022
- Budget: $20 000 000
- Directed by Andrew Dominic
- Cast: Ana de Armas, Adrien Brody, Bobby Cannavale, Zavier Samuel, Julianne Nicholson, Evan Williams, Toby Hass, David Warshofsky, Caspar Phillipson, Dan Butler
The brilliant, best, perfect role of Ana de Armas is the image of Marilyn Monroe herself in the impressive biopic “Blonde”. But after praising the young actress for her excellent work, critics did not fail to note the blatant unethical nature of the film, which exploits the most traumatic events of the legend’s life.
The film covers the events of Monroe’s life from her childhood, when she was still called Norma Jeannie, to her tragic death, in which truth and fiction are intertwined.
Ana won the Hollywood Rising Star Award at the Deauville Film Festival.
The Gray Man
- Rating IMDB – 6.5
- Genre: Action movie, thriller
- USA, Czech Republic production / 2022
- Budget: $200 000 000
- Worldwide gross: $454 023
- Directed by Anthony Russo, Joe Russo
- Cast: Ryan Gosling, Chris Evans, Ana de Armas, Billy Bob Thornton, Jessica Henwick, Dhanush, Elfrey Woodard, Reg-Jean Page, Wagner Moura, Julia Butters
A spy action film by the Russo brothers starring Ana de Armas as CIA agent Dani Miranda. Well, she looks good as the girl with the gun. Ryan Gosling plays Gentry, a recruited agent for a secret CIA unit codenamed “Sierra Six.”
One day he realizes that his superiors are criminal and corrupt, and he goes on the run. Chris Evans plays bounty hunter Lloyd who is sent on Six’s trail to eliminate him. Lloyd has all the power of intelligence on his side, while Gentry can only rely on chance, his own strength and CIA officer Dani from Berlin.
The Russo brothers claim that their film is the beginning of a series that will successfully replace “Bond”.
- Rating IMDB – 5.4
- Genre: Thriller, Drama, Detective
- USA, Australia production / 2022
- Directed by Adrian Lyne
- Cast: Ben Affleck, Ana de Armas, Tracy Letts, Grace Jenkins, Dash Mayock, Rachel Blanchard, Kristen Connolly, Jacob Elordi, Lil Rel Havery, Brendan Miller
A dark and disturbing psychological thriller with elements of erotica, a film starring Ben Affleck and Ana de Armas. Vic Van Allen is a successful engineer who has made good money in robotics. He loves his wife Melinda and does not want to divorce, despite her many open adultery and indifference to her husband.
One day, an annoyed Vic declares publicly that he has killed Martin, one of his wife’s former lovers. The news quickly spreads through the community, but it soon becomes clear that Vic has lied. And when another of Melinda’s men is found dead in their house, no one believes that Vic could have had anything to do with it. And Melinda becomes afraid of her husband and convinces an acquaintance to hire a private detective…
After filming, Ana de Armas and Ben Affleck dated as a couple for a while.
No Time to Die
- Rating IMDB – 7.3
- Genre: Action, thriller, adventure
- UK, USA production / 2020
- Budget: $250 000 000
- Worldwide gross: $774 153 007
- Directed by Cary Joji Fukunaga
- Cast: Daniel Craig, Rami Malek, Lea Seydoux, Lachana Lynch, Ben Whishaw, Naomie Harris, Billy Magnussen, Ana de Armas, Christoph Waltz, Rafe Fiennes
Another James Bond movie in which the famous agent was played for the last time by Daniel Craig. There are a lot of stars in the movie: Ralph Fiennes, Christopher Waltz, Rami Malek and others. Ana de Armas played the role of spy Paloma who helps Bond in Cuba.
James Bond is enjoying a well-deserved retirement, but old friends and colleagues ask him to participate in the search for a kidnapped scientist who has developed a deadly biological weapon. No time to rest, time to save the world, though, it’s business as usual for Bond.
The scientist is kept in Cuba, where the agent goes to team up with Paloma to save the genius. He, in his turn, programs his nanobots on the DNA of the kidnappers (that’s where the story of such a weapon comes from!) and runs away from Cuba, not wanting to fall into anyone’s hands.
Daniel Craig personally chose Ana de Armas to participate in this film.
- Rating IMDB – 6.2
- Genre: Drama, melodrama, biography, history
- USA production / 2020
- Directed by Greg Barker
- Cast: Wagner Moura, Ana de Armas, Brian F. O’Byrne, Bradley Whitford, Garrett Dillahunt, Clemens Schick, Will Dalton, Pedro Hossy, Sahayak Bunthanakit, Clarisse Abujamra
A Netflix biopic about the fate of Sergio Vieira de Mello, a famous Brazilian diplomat. Ana de Armas embodied the image of Sergio’s mistress, Carolina Larriera, in this story.
Sergio works as a UN representative in Iraq, but when the United States invades that country’s land, he decides to go to Baghdad to use diplomacy to try to negotiate with the Americans for withdrawal and Iraqi independence. This decision leads Sergio to tragedy.
The real Caroline Larriera wrote letters and went to the press demanding an investigation into Sergio’s death, but the UN didn’t even hear her testimony and she had to leave the organization in 2005.
The Night Clerk
- Rating IMDB – 5.6
- Genre: Thriller, drama, melodrama, crime, detective
- USA production / 2020
- Worldwide gross: $302 127
- Directed by Michael Christopher
- Cast: Tye Sheridan, Ana de Armas, Helen Hunt, John Leguizamo, Jonathon Scheck, Jacques Gray, Joey Miyasima, Austin Archer, Franz Luizia
Not a bad crime thriller starring Ty Sheridan and Ana de Armas. Bart is a functional autistic man who works as a night porter in a hotel. He amuses himself by spying on the guests from his home through hidden cameras he has installed, just to study people.
One day he sees a girl murdered and remembers the perpetrator by her tattoo. Soon Bart meets a new resident, Andrea, whom he falls in love with. But unexpectedly it turns out that the girl is involved in the murder Bart witnessed not long ago.
The film was released on Netflix and made the top ten premieres.
- Rating IMDB – 5.9
- Genre: Thriller, Drama, Crime
- France, Brazil, Spain, Belgium production / 2019
- Worldwide gross: $1 569 970
- Directed by Olivier Assayas
- Cast: Penelope Cruz, Edgar Ramirez, Gael Garcia Bernal, Ana de Armas, Wagner Moura, Leonardo Sbaraglia, Nolan Guerra, Osdemi Pastrana, Tony Plana, Julian Flynn
A spy drama based on the real-life case of the Cuban Five spies arrested in the United States in 1998. So in 1990, pilot Gonzalez says goodbye to his family, leaves home, hijacks a sports plane and flies to Miami, where he asks for political asylum.
He is welcomed with open arms, and soon, along with his friend Juan Pablo Roque, Gonzalez becomes involved in drug trafficking and dealing with the FBI. Juan meets his dream girl Ana Margarita (de Armas) and marries her, unaware of where her beloved works.
The real Ana Margarita Martinez sued Netflix and specifically director Olivier Assayas, outraged by her distorted image in the film.
- Rating IMDB – 7.9
- Genre: Detective, comedy, drama, crime
- USA production / 2019
- Budget: $40 000 000
- Worldwide gross: $312 897 920
- Directed by Ryan Johnson
- Cast: Daniel Craig, Ana de Armas, Chris Evans, Jamie Lee Curtis, Michael Shannon, Don Johnson, Toni Collette, Laquitte Stanfield, Christopher Plummer, Catherine Langford
A chic, high-stakes detective comedy, one of the best performances of Ana de Armas’ career. She plays the role of Martha, the nurse of the eccentric rich man Harlan, a writer of detective novels, whose unexpected death is at the center of the plot.
Marta, an illegal immigrant, has the interesting peculiarity that she gets sick when she has to lie, and so she becomes a faithful assistant to private detective Blanc, hired by an unknown person to investigate Harlan’s death, which the police consider a simple suicide.
In the sequel “Knives Out. The Glass Onion” de Armas does not appear.
- Rating IMDB – 6.6
- Genre: Thriller, crime, action
- UK, Canada, USA production / 2019
- Worldwide gross: $2 927 708
- Directed by Andrea Di Stefano
- Cast: Euel Kinnaman, Rosamund Pike, Clive Owen, Common, Ana de Armas, Joanna Kaczynska, Edwin De La Renta, Sam Spruell, Aylam Oriane, Karma Meyer
Ana de Armas, in charming curls, plays Sophia, the wife of the main character Pete. This man went to prison once upon a time, and in exchange for his freedom he agreed to infiltrate a major gang to become an FBI informant. Agent Wilcox promises Pete full support.
Soon Pete becomes a hostage of a mobster who, threatening his wife and daughter, forces our hero to go to a maximum security prison and sell drugs there. Realizing that no one is going to care about his safety, Pete decides to escape to protect his family.
The film is based on the book of the same name by Roslung and Hellstrom.
Blade Runner 2049
- Rating IMDB – 8.0
- Genre: Fantastic, Action, Thriller, Drama
- USA, UK, Canada, Spain production / 2017
- Budget: $150 000 000
- Worldwide gross: $259 239 658
- Directed by Denis Villeneuve
- Cast: Ryan Gosling, Harrison Ford, Ana de Armas, Sylvia Hooks, Robin Wright, Mackenzie Davis, Carla Urie, Lenny James, Dave Batista, Jared Leto
This superb sci-fi film was a real breakthrough in the career of Ana de Armas, who played the high-tech hologram Joy, the artificial intelligence with which the story’s protagonist, the replicant Kay, lives.
Kay is an android designed specifically to catch his own kind who return to Earth illegally after working on planets dangerous to humans. One day Kay discovers that, contrary to popular belief, replicants are by no means sterile. He is immediately tasked with finding and killing a child replicant who got lost somewhere on Earth 30 years ago.
The film has two Oscars, and de Armas was nominated for a Saturn for Best Supporting Actress.
- Rating IMDB – 5.3
- Genre: Action, thriller, crime, adventure
- France, Belgium, USA, UK production / 2016
- Worldwide gross: $9 650 552
- Directed by Antonio Negrete
- Cast: Scott Eastwood, Freddie Thorpe, Ana de Armas, Gaia Weiss, Simon Abkarian, Clemens Schick, Abraham Belaga, Kaaris, Mars Bezos, Magne Brekke
A cute French action movie about racers, crime and men’s strong friendship. The Foster brothers are experienced car thieves of unique cars. But one day they get caught by the guards of gangster Giacomo Morier, who decides to just shoot the thieves.
The brothers bargain for a week under the promise to steal an exclusive car from the rich man Max Klemp, Morier’s rival. Except Max’s garage is a real impregnable fortress. The brothers assemble a team, including the feisty Stephanie (Ana de Armas) and her pickpocket pal Devin, and prepare a real assault to steal the rarity car.
The rarity Dodge 6 from the collection of Giacomo Morier is real, and it belonged to Al Capone himself.
Hands of Stone
- Rating IMDB – 6.6
- Genre: Drama, biography, sports
- Panama, USA production / 2016
- Budget: $20 000 000
- Worldwide gross: $4 978 353
- Directed by Jonathan Jakubowicz
- Cast: Edgar Ramirez, Robert De Niro, Usher, Ruben Blades, Ana de Armas, Pedro Perez, Oscar Jaenada, John Turturro, Ellen Barkin, Jerney Smollett
If you like movies about boxing, watch the biographical film about the fate of the Panamanian athlete Roberto Durán, who even today is included in lists of the best boxers of all time. Ana de Armas played the role of Duran’s wife, Felicidad.
The young Duran is desperately passionate about boxing. His finest hour comes when the guy is spotted by American boxing legend, trainer Ray Arcel. After a while, Duran is considered almost unbeatable, and his fame is surpassed only by Sugar Ray Leonard, “Fighter of the Year,” whom the cocky Panamanian finally decides to challenge.
The film is dedicated to the memory of Ray Arcel’s wife, Stephanie, who passed away shortly before the film premiere.
- Rating IMDB – 7.1
- Genre: Drama, comedy, crime, war, biography
- USA, Romania production / 2016
- Budget: $40 000 000
- Worldwide gross: $86 234 523
- Directed by Todd Phillips
- Cast: Miles Teller, Jonah Hill, Ana de Armas, Kevin Pollack, Bradley Cooper, Jaybee Blank, Patrick St. Esprit, Sean Toob, Eddie Jamison, Daniel Burson
One of the good war comedies, based on real events. Ana de Armas plays Iz, the girl of the main character. It all starts with a little adventure. David Pakuz, a convinced pacifist, is unhappy with the development of his bedding business and accepts the offer of his old friend Ephraim Deveroli to take part in the arms sale.
David hides from Iz what he will be doing and anticipates a big score. But the deal between the buddies is thwarted, and they have to ensure the delivery of the dangerous cargo through areas of armed conflict on their own.
- Rating IMDB – 4.3
- Genre: Thriller, drama, crime, detective
- USA production / 2015
- Worldwide gross: $269 915
- Directed by Guy Malick Linton
- Cast: Ana de Armas, Gabe Vargas, Sandy Tejada, Venus Eriel, Eriel R. Pacheco, Ismael Cruz Cordova, Anthony Ruiz, Stephen Thompson, Keanu Reeves, Mira Sorvino
This low-budget film has extremely unassuming ratings, but fans of Ana de Armas should definitely see it. Isabel (de Armas), a woman from Peru, lives in an immigrant community in the United States, waiting for her husband from one of the innumerable wars of the East, and has little contact with anyone.
One day she sees some white creature, mistakes it for an angel, and soon becomes the only witness in the murder case of police detective Cullen. Gablan (Reeves), who is investigating this death, is asked not to dig too deeply into the case – the deceased was a known lover of bribery, debauchery and torture. Isabelle finds herself at the heart of the investigation, finding herself deeply connected to the deceased, whom she never knew.
Director Guy Malick Linton had intended the picture to be a mystical thriller, but Lionsgate reworked the plot, turning the film into a police procedural, and killed an interesting idea.
- Rating IMDB – 4.9
- Genre: Thriller
- Chile, Israel, USA production / 2014
- Budget: $2 500 000
- Worldwide gross: $5 567 103
- Directed by Eli Roth
- Cast: Keanu Reeves, Lorenza Izzo, Ana de Armas, Aaron Barnes, Ignacia Allamand, Dan Bailey, Megan Bailey, Colleen Camp, Antonio Cuerca, Otto
Eli Roth’s scary thriller, a movie starring Keanu Reeves, Ana de Armas and Chilean actress Lorenza Izzo. Evan’s wife has gone away with the children, leaving her husband her creation, a statue, to help move it to an art gallery.
Bored Evan hears a knock at the door, opens it and finds two beautiful girls who ask to use the phone. Of course, the man helps Genesis and Belle, as they introduce themselves. The unceremonious guests quickly seduce Evan into a threesome, break the statue, and he barely manages to get rid of them. However, it soon becomes clear that the girls are not going anywhere, methodically destroying Evan’s house and life.
This is Ana de Armas’ first Hollywood experience, and she was thrilled to work with Keanu Reeves, whose films she admitted she grew up on.
Por un puñado de besos
- Rating IMDB – 5.7
- Genre: Drama, melodrama
- Spain production / 2014
- Worldwide gross: $384 083
- Directed by David Menkes
- Cast: Ana de Armas, Martiño Rivas, Marina Salas, Megan Montaner, Andrea Duro, Han Cornet, Richard Sahagun, Mario Pardo, Joel Bosqued, Alejandra Onyeva
The Spanish-Venezuelan film was another career boost for Ana de Armas, who was able to convey all the drama of her main character. Deceived by her former lover, Sol discovers that she is HIV-positive. The disease has not yet developed, but the girl is looking for friends, honestly emphasizing her status.
Her ad is answered by the sweet and caring Dani, who immediately takes Sol’s fancy. They fall in love and start dating. But Dani is hiding a big secret from the girl that could ruin their relationship.
The film won a Goya award for costume design.
- Rating IMDB – 4.4
- Genre: Horror, thriller
- Spain, Mexico, Colombia production / 2011
- Directed by Antonio Trasorras
- Cast: Ana de Armas, Diego Cadavid, Leonor Varela, Judith Diakate, Alfonso Rojas, Nestor Alfonso Ortiz, Frey Nicancio Diaz, Kimberly Tell, Paula Estrada, Carina Laverde
A tense psychological thriller in which Ana de Armas plays Rosa, a lonely girl forced to wash her clothes in a laundry located in a dark alley. Then one day a visit to the laundromat turns into a deadly game for her.
Trapped by an unknown maniac seeking revenge for the death of his family and for some reason choosing poor Rosa for it, the girl can not get out of the laundry room, flooded with terror and huge rats.
The film was not widely distributed, but Ana’s acting was noticed and praised by the critics..
Mentiras y gordas
- Rating IMDB – 3.9
- Genre: Drama, comedy
- Spain production / 2009
- Worldwide gross: $5 710 800
- Directed by Alfonso Albacete, David Menkes
- Cast: Mario Casas, Ana de Armas, Jon Gonzalez, Hugo Silva, Ana Maria Polvorosa, Alejo Sauras, Marieta Orozco, Miriam Giovanelli, Doona Jove, Maxi Iglesias
A European drama about the ordinary life of a young generation of Spaniards leading a disorderly life. Despite the passing years, they all remain sloppy in their relationships, preferring drugs and partying to studying. They lie endlessly to each other and to themselves, remaining in a void of irresponsibility where it is impossible to create something of value and lasting value.
It all starts with two friends, Nicky and Tony, about to go to a festival. They plan to spend the money they have set aside for Tony’s studies and buy drugs with it, so they can resell them later for a profit and have a lot of fun. Ana de Armas plays a girl named Carola, one of Tony and Nick’s company.
The film was nominated for several awards, including the title of “Worst Film”.
El edén perdido
- Rating IMDB – 5.0
- Genre: Drama
- Spain, Cuba production / 2007
- Directed by Manuel Estudillo
- Cast: Roberto Henriquez, Carlos Henrique Almirante, Amarilis Nunes Barrioso, Hilario Peña, Hilario Peña, Cheryl Zaldívar, Loliet Valdés, Zacharis Fernández, Ludmila Alonso, Yansamillo Núñez, Ana de Armas
This is a short, dramatic story set in the distant 1930s. Gonzalo was sent to Spain after his mother, Mambisa, a war heroine in 1895, died giving birth to him.
In 1931 he returns to his native land to defend his inheritance, his mother’s farm, El Eden, which had been turned into a brothel. Gradually Gonzalo is drawn into the whirlwind of other people’s interests around the farm and experiences a love that will change his life forever.
Ana plays Gloria, the main character’s love interest.
- Rating IMDB – 6.0
- Genre: Fantastic
- Cuba production / 2007
- Directed by Fernando Perez
- Cast: Carlos Enrique Almirante, Leeti Chaviano, Ana de Armas, Luis Alberto Garcia, Carla Sanchez, Yailene Sierra, Anciano Arpa, Fidel Betancourt
The experimental drama by the eccentric Spaniard Fernando Pérez is an amazing story, a rare auteur’s film that leaves a deep impression. For Ana de Armas this is her second work in a feature film, although her role is very small – the image of the theatrical actress Stella Maris.
Actor Javier takes the stage despite the fact that there is only one person in the audience, an unattractive girl who suddenly gets up and leaves in the midst of the performance. Javier rushes after her in desperation, and soon the two are bound together by a raging passion that the theatrical beauty Stella is unable to explain. But this film also has a second part…
Ana was 17 years old when she made the film and had to sneak out for filming at night because her mentors in Havana forbade her to participate in the making of the movie.
Una rosa de Francia
- Rating IMDB – 5.3
- Genre: Drama, Crime
- Spain production / 2006
- Directed by Manuel Gutierrez Aragon
- Cast: Jorge Perugorria, Alex Gonzalez, Ana de Armas, Brocelianda Hernandez, Roxana Montenegro, Yoraysi Gomez, Mariam Curbelo, Larissa Vega, Olivia Manrufo
Spain and Cuba together created this romantic film filled with adventure. And in it the beautiful Cuban Ana de Armas played the leading role for the first time. The events of the film are set in Havana in the 1950s.
The young idealist Andres is forced to work for the human trafficker Simon, the guy just has no way out. And one day he falls in love with a 16-year-old virgin slave girl, Marie, one of the girls given away to a cruel madam who makes sexy ladies out of them to marry off old and rich men.
The film was shot in Cuba in 2005. Afterwards, Ana spoke very warmly about all the participants of the project, saying that she was eternally grateful to them for the invaluable lessons of skill.