The presented selection includes movies about snipers, watching the main characters and breathtaking plots will be interesting. They are brave people with impeccable marksmanship skills. They hit the target at long range with just one crisp shot. All the best sniper movies are included in the list below.
- Rating IMDB — 6.5
- Genre: Biography, military, action, history
- Production: China / 2022
- Directed by: Zhang Yimou, Zhang Mo
- Cast: Chen Dongsheng, Zhang Yi, Zhang Yu, Chen Mingliang, Chen Hongxin, Huang Yan, Kevin Li, Lin Boyan, Liu Hao Yun, Liu Yite
‘Snipers’ is a war movie about a team of Chinese snipers who took part in the war between South and North Korea. In the winter of 1956, the Fifth Sniper Squad, where 22-year-old Zhang Taofang serves, is given a difficult assignment: to rescue two scouts from captivity. Once there, the men realize they are trapped by an American sniper, John. He dreams of capturing the
Chinese marksman Liu Wenu, the leader of the rescue expedition. A protracted confrontation begins.
The film is based on the story of Zhang Taofang is a real-life sniper who became a legend during the Korean War. As a member of the ‘Chinese People’s Volunteers’ he killed 214 enemy
soldiers and officers in 32 days with a Mosin rifle without telescopic sight
- Rating IMDB – 7.2
- Genre: Action, thriller, drama
- US production / 2007
- Budget: $61,000,000
- Worldwide gross: $95,696,996
- Directed by: Antoine Fuqua
- Cast: Danny Glover, Rade Serbedgia, Jonathan Walker, Michael Peña, Kate Mara, Rhona Mitra, Elias Koteas, John Tench, Anthony Peña, Brian Markinson, Lane Garrison, Mackenzie Gray, Darren Massey, Adrian Hughes, Mark Wahlberg
Ex-Marine Sergeant Bob Lee Swagger leads a hermit’s life and hopes that no intruders arrive at his home in the mountains. As the only sniper in the world who kills his prey with a single shot no matter the distance, he benefits dangerous people. They plan a coup d’état, and the conspirators want to shift the consequences for what happened to the infantryman. It’s up to Bob to defend his interests and justice.
This is one of the best sniper movies starring Mark Wahlberg, but director Antoine Fuqua had originally planned to give the lead role to Keanu Reeves as the infantryman. The film is based on Stephen Hunter’s Sniper.
Actor Mark Wahlberg lost eight and a half pounds to play one of the characters in the picture.
Actor Eminem was offered to play the villain in the film, but the singer rejected the proposal of the directors
- Rating IMDB – 7.3
- Genre: Action, military, drama
- US production / 2014
- Budget: $58,800,000
- Worldwide gross: $547 426 372
- Directed by: Clint Eastwood
- Cast: Marne Patterson, Keir O’Donnell, Brandon Salgado, Troy Vincent, Luke Sunshine, Elise Robertson, Ben Ridgway, Cole Conis, Kyle Gallner, Bradley Cooper
The plot of the film is based on the memoirs of Chris Kyle, who personally took part in the war in Iraq as a sniper. The viewer will be able to watch the development of the main character as a person. He is a professional sniper who kills opponents with a well-aimed shot.
Doing his job perfectly, he earns the powerful nickname ‘The Devil.’ But there are still human feelings inside Chris, he’s attached to his wife and children and cherishes his fellow soldiers, even though the war increasingly alienates him from those closest to him.
Bradley Cooper wears Chris Kyle’s real shoes in some scenes and the character are also allowed to keep the shooter’s boots as a souvenir after filming ends.
Bradley Cooper was forced to gain more than seventeen pounds to play the main role. The man ate eight thousand calories every day and constantly exercised with a personal trainer
- Rating IMDB – 6.2
- Genre: War, drama, thriller
- US production / 2017
- Worldwide gross: $4,476,705
- Directed by: Doug Liman
- Cast: Aaron Taylor-Johnson, John Cena, Laith Knuckley
The film about the war in Iraq reflects the events that took place in 2007. The picture tells the story of one of the best American shooters, who finds himself trapped behind a small wall under the gunfire of the enemy.
The hero catches the enemy’s radio waves and tries to communicate with a sniper from Iraq. But negotiations lead to nothing good, and the military man is left to fight for his life, for only one will emerge from the battlefield alive.
In one episode of the film, the sniper reads an excerpt from a work by Edgar Allan Poe called ‘The Raven.’
The film was originally supposed to be released in March 2017, but the release date has been pushed back to May 12
Enemy at the Gates
- Rating IMDB – 7.6
- Genre: Drama, war, history
- Production USA, Ireland, UK, France, Germany / 2001
- Budget: $68,000,000
- Worldwide gross: $96,976,270
- Directed by: Jean-Jacques Annaud
- Cast: Ron Perlman, Joseph Fiennes, Rachel Weisz, Ed Harris, Bob Hoskins, Jude Law, Matthias Habich, Sophie Roiz, Gabriel Thomson, Eva Mattes
A gripping war film, with a worldwide gross of about $97,000,000, it will tell the story of snipers during 1942. It’s the height of the Battle of Stalingrad when the German army’s gunner Major Koenig is sent to the front lines to engage the ‘Angel of Death’.
Under this nickname fights Russian sniper Vasily Zaitsev, who kills dozens of invaders every day, and his compatriots consider him their salvation. In the deadly battle ahead, only one shooter will survive.
The title of the film was borrowed from the title of William Craig’s work Enemy at the Gates: The Battle for Stalingrad. The image of the heroine Luda is most likely a prototype of the famous female sniper Lyudmila Pavlichenko, who killed over three hundred Nazis.
- Rating IMDB – 7.0
- Genre: Action, thriller, detective, crime
- US production / 2012
- Budget: $60,000,000
- Worldwide gross: $218,340,595
- Directed by: Christopher McQuarrie
- Cast: James Martin Kelly, Alexia Fast, David Oyelowo, Werner Herzog, Jai Courtney, Alexander Rhodes, Richard Jenkins, Robert Duvall, Rosamund Pike, Tom Cruise
The search for former special agent Jack Reacher involves many experienced specialists, but they all encounter failure. The man acts like a ghost, not wanting to be found. One day he contacts the police himself and takes part in the investigation. But even a professional like Jack is incapable of finding the culprit in the deaths of numerous people.
Interestingly, the actor Tom Cruise starred as Agent Reacher, who performed all the stunts behind the wheel himself, without resorting to the services of stuntmen. Many famous Hollywood actors were considered for the main role in the film, but Tom Cruise was preferred.
The picture is based on the work of Lee Child’s ‘The Shot’
- Rating IMDB – 5.7
- Genre: Thriller, drama
- Production: France, Belgium / 2015
- Directed by: Fred Grivois
- Cast: Reda Kateb, Ludivine Sagnier, Johan Heldenberg, Cheky Karyo, Pascal Demolon, Blanche Hemada Costoso, Laure de Clermont-Tonnerre, Sylvie Degris, Hubert Saint-Macary, Patrice Guillain
Sports for Vincent Cavell has always been the meaning of life. He trained hard, competed in tournaments and earned the title of world champion in rifle shooting. He realized he was a model
family man and a caring father.
Only the sad news of his father’s deteriorating health causes the champion to give up his life’s work and start earning illegally using the skills of a talented shooter.
According to polls, 74% of viewers liked this movie. The film was directed by Fred
Grievous, is also known for his film: 15 Minutes of War and the TV series Traum
- Rating IMDB – 5.7
- Genre: Action, fantasy
- Production: USA, China / 2019
- Budget: $138,000,000
- Worldwide gross: $173,469,516
- Directed by: Ang Lee
- Cast: Will Smith, Clive Owen, Linda Emond, Ralph Brown, Ilya Volokh, Benedict Wong, Douglas Hodge, Mary Elizabeth Winstead, Tim Connolly, David Moretti, E.J. Bonilla, Andrea Such, Theodora Woolley
Eager to retire, the world’s best hitman, Henry Brogan, is absolutely on his last assignment. In Georgia, he intends to settle down on a cozy farm and farm. But the past catches up with him all too quickly. The bosses are not happy that the truth about the past mission has reached the former subordinate, deciding, to eliminate Henry.
To this end, Brogan is assigned a new task, to eliminate a special unit ‘Gemini’, which, even in theory, cannot be realized by staying alive.
Will Smith played the title role and ‘Gemini’ is his fourth film with producer Jerry Bruckheimer.
- Rating IMDB – 6.5
- Genre: Action, drama, war
- Production: Canada / 2015
- Directed by: Paul Gross
- Cast: Nabil Eluhabi, Carl Campbell, Nikki Duvall, Jennifer Pudavik, Christine Horne, Clark Johnson, David Richmond-Peck, Rossif Sutherland, Paul Gross, Allan Hawko
Three previously unknown people are firmly entwined by the hardships of fate during the fighting in the Middle East. Each of them previously valued peace and enjoyed peace, making plans for the future, but with the outbreak of war – everything became different.
Officer Ryan Sanders and Captain Pete Mitchell realize their chances of returning home soon are minimal. Next to them is a warrior risking himself for the sake of peace in his homeland for those close to him.
According to polls, 78% of viewers liked this film. In the film, you can see the construction of a road that could make the journey to Kandahar faster and safer
- Rating IMDB – 4.2
- Genre: Horror, action, western
- US production / 2019
- Budget: $1,000,000
- Directed by: Josh Ridgeway
- Cast: Sean Patrick Flanery, Chad Collins, Chelsea Edmundson, James Wilczek, Matthew Tompkins, Farah White, Todd Jenkins, Mark Hanson, Grace Monty, Chad Lo
In 1863, in a small town in the Wild West, a gunman named Colt was fighting a gang of outlaws who had become werewolves. After he managed to defeat the villains, Colt himself fell at the hands of a mysterious samurai.
Nearly 150 years later, werewolves emerge from their graves and begin to hunt the city’s current residents. Colt, who died many years ago, comes to the rescue. Thanks to Lucy, the shooter adapts to the new reality. The number of victims grows inexorably, and Colt must do everything to fulfil his destiny.
Age of Kill
- Rating IMDB – 4.2
- Genre: Action
- Production: UK / 2015
- Directed by: Neil Jones
- Cast: Martin Kemp, Dani Dyer, Donna Eyre, Philip Davis, Bea Segura, Jota Haya, Juan Tendero, Bartley Burke, Pauline Ventura, Paco Lopez
Participating in covert government operations, sniper Sam begins to be blackmailed by a psychopathic terrorist. He takes Sam’s daughter hostage. To keep her alive Sam has to kill 6 people in 6 hours according to the names of the terrorist.
- Rating IMDB – 5.3
- Genre: Action, thriller, military
- Production: USA, Bulgaria / 2014
- Directed by: Don Michael Paul
- Cast: Tom Berenger, Chad Collins, Dennis Haysbert, Doug Allen, Dominic Mafham, Mercedes Mason, Mark Lewis Jones, Nestor Serrano, Alex Rowe, Yana Marinova
Brandon Beckett is serving in the ranks of a joint anti-terrorist group in Syria. His last mission didn’t go well, to say the least, he and his partner and the second squad had to engage in close combat with superior enemy forces.
Beckett decides that this time he has enough, he does not want, like his father, to remain a sniper for life, whose merits will be remembered by the number of people he kills. But the leadership has other plans: someone is systematically shooting the veterans of a secret operation many years ago.
There is evidence that it is the work of a member of those events who was left for dead on the
battlefield. The bosses expect to use Brandon in the elimination of the renegade, playing on the sense of revenge, because among the victims was also the father of the hero. But everything changes when a new player, whose skill of long-range shot knows no equal, enters the mortal combat.
Angels of Death
- Rating IMDB – 7.6
- Genre: Animation, fantasy
- Production: UK / 2021
- Directed by: Boman Modin, Richard Boylan
- Cast: Jonathan Keeble, Toby Longworth, Andrew Wincott, Penelope Rawlins, Gareth Armstrong, Colleen Prendergast, Emma Gregory, Matt Hunt
This is an animated series based on the dark Warhammer 40k universe, dedicated to the brave space paratroopers of the famed Blood Angels order, battling the numerous enemies of the Imperium of Humanity. Torn by storms, a small band of Blood Angels find a safe harbor over an isolated world. All is not as it seems, however, and soon the offspring of Sanguinius will have new enemies to contend with.
Sniper: Ghost Shooter
- Rating IMDB – 5.4
- Genre: Action, thriller, drama, war
- US production / 2016
- Budget: $3,000,000
- Directed by: Don Michael Paul
- Cast: Chad Collins, Billy Zane, Dennis Haysbert, Nick Gomez, Ravil Isyanov, Stephanie Vogt, Enoch Frost, Presciliana Esparolini, Dominic Mafham, Navid Negahban
A direct sequel to the film ‘Sniper. Legacy.’ After reuniting with his father, Brandon Beckett returns to Syria with an elite rifle squad led by our old acquaintance Richard Miller. Soon they are deployed to Georgia to protect the gas pipeline from attacks by jihadists from Afghanistan and Iraq who is infiltrating through the southern borders?
They are led by the elusive Roshan Gazakov, an experienced saboteur and excellent marksman who was once trained by the British SAS. The first mission to protect the convoy fails miserably, and Beckett loses two men because their positions were exposed. He begins to suspect that someone on the Georgian side is leaking information to the terrorists.
Back at the base, Brandon lodges a complaint with the local security service, for which he falls into disgrace. He is sent to ‘cool his ardor’ in a remote mountain outpost, where everything is run by a former
Soviet sniper, and now a soldier of fortune in the service of the rich world, Andrei Mashkov. He once dealt with Thomas Beckett, back during the Cold War.
Now the former enemy unwittingly becomes a comrade in arms. After a fierce battle with Chechen terrorists, Mashkov gives Beckett a tip on how to get to Gazakov and learn the secret of the ‘ghost shooter’.
- Rating IMDB — 5.6
- Genre: Action, thriller, drama
- US production / 2017
- Directed by: Claudio Fach
- Cast: Chad Collins, Denay Garcia, Billy Zane, Tom Berenger, Joe Lando, Pedro Jose Pallares, Jaime Correa, Luis Alfredo Velasco, Felipe Calero, Juan Pablo Gamboa
The head of the Colombian drug cartel will unite in their hands all the channels of drug delivery to the United States. His enemies are destroyed by a super-sniper nicknamed ‘The Devil’. The Drug Enforcement Agency sends an undercover special agent, an experienced marine intelligence sniper, to fight them.