The last seconds before a total catastrophe make people remember the happy moments of life. The apocalypse has always attracted people with its colossal consequences and an unknown future for those who survived it. A variety of options for the end of the world can be observed in the new series about the apocalypse.
- Rating: Kinopoisk – 7.0 / IMDB – 6.9;
- Genre: sci-fi;
- Production: Australia / 2020;
- Directed by: Rick Forster;
- Cast: Bastian Navarria, Samuel Campbell Wilson, William Prescott, Sean McIntyre, Nathan Luke, Dan Trotter, Albert Goichman, Jennifer Rose, Eliza Charlie, Anthony Cruz.
The planet has plunged into nuclear winter, humanity has disappeared. Earth has turned into a twisted piece of ice and snow. However, the catastrophe was foreseen, thanks to which an unique train was created, in which the Perpetual Motion Machine works. The train is always in motion and never stops.
Soon, a traditional hierarchy was formed within the formidable technological machine. The richest live in the first cars, and the remaining poor and oppressed remain in the last. But everything changes dramatically when a riot begins from the very last car.
The series is based on the dystopian graphic novel Le Transperceneige by Jacques Loba and Jean-Marc Rochette that was released in 1982.
- Rating: Kinopoisk – 6.1 / IMDB 5.5;
- Genre: Horror, fantasy, trauma, drama;
- US production / 2020;
- Directed by: Chris Fisher, Vincenzo Natali, Josh Boone;
- Cast: James Marsden, Brad William Henke, Whoopi Goldberg, Daniel Sunjata, Alexander Skarsgard, Amber Heard, Nat Wolff, Katherine McNamara, Odessa Young, Owen Teague, Jovan Adepo.
After the unexpected spread of the virus, the world turned into ruins. When the virus was partially brought under control, many people seriously decided to restore the laws.
However, among all the survivors, a mysterious Black Man was found. He calls for devastation and declares that it was the former laws of the world that led to total destruction. He claims that only he can create a society that will never allow such a catastrophe.
In the fourth episode of the series, there is a small cameo by Stephen King, the creator of the original plot.
- Rating: Kinopoisk – 7.1 / IMDB – 7.7;
- Genre: Fantasy, Action, Drama;
- US production / 2019;
- Directed by: Francis Lawrence, Anders Engström, Stephen Surjik;
- Cast: Christian Camargo, Alfre Woodard, Josh Blacker, Jason Momoa, Sylvia Hoeks, Christian Sloane, Dave Bautista, Hera Hilmarsdottir, Nesta Cooper, Eden Epstein.
After a terrifying virus, no more than 2 million people remained on Earth. Nobody cares about their neighbor; everyone tries to save their own skin. States and organizations plunged into history. Humans have become typical wild animals.
Everything was aggravated when the survivors lost the opportunity to look at this world. It turned out that all the people who survived the virus lost their sight forever. This led to fear, which drove weak people to wars, strife and murders.
But everything changed when one of the leaders of the tribe gave birth to twins, and what is most incredible – they can see!
The series was filmed entirely on location with minimal graphics. New Zealand was originally considered as a filming location, but this decision was abandoned so that the series would not resemble The Lord of the Rings. Therefore, it was decided to use Vancouver Island in Canada.
- Rating: Kinopoisk – 6.2 / IMDB – 6.9;
- Genre Comedy, horror, fantasy, thriller, melodrama;
- US production / 2019;
- Directed by: Michael Patrick Jann, Brad Peyton, Shervin Shilati, Keith Herron, Mark Tonderai;
- Cast: Colin Ford, Alyvia Alyn Lind, Sophie Simnett.
It took a few months for the virus to wipe out most of humanity. The younger generation managed to survive. Computer games, TV shows and comics have made it possible to act competently in the conditions of a zombie apocalypse.
No one could believe that true teenagers are not only happy about the total end of the world, but also find adventure romance in the constant fight against monsters.
At the time of filming, the main character Colin Ford was 23 years old. He tried to make the timbre of his voice higher and softer to match the 17-year-old schoolchildren.
The Walking Dead
- Rating: Kinopoisk – 7.99 / IMDB – 8.2;
- Genre: Horror, Thriller, Drama;
- US production / 2010;
- Directed by: Ernest R. Dickerson;
- Cast: Norman Reedus, Andrew Lincoln, Seth Gilliam, Melissa Suzanne McBride, Lauren Cohan, Alanna Masterson, Christian Serratos, Danai Jackesai Gurira, Ross Marquand, Chandler Riggs, Steven Yan, Josh McDermitt.
Rick Grimes wakes up in an empty hospital room. No matter how much he tries to scream, no one comes to him. But the strange noise suggests that someone is in the hospital. Having torn off all the patches and droppers, the main character decides to get out.
Suddenly, he sees a terrible picture in front of him, as if the humanity has died out. But there is no time to reflect on what is happening, because the disgusting walking dead haunt him constantly.
The first episode of the series was broadcast immediately in 120 countries around the world.
The series is based on the popular comic book of the same name, which is still being released today.
The Last Man on Earth
- Rating: Kinopoisk – 6.83 / IMDB – 7.3;
- Genre: Comedy, Fantasy;
- US production / 2015;
- Directed by: Phil Lord;
- Cast: Will Forte, Kristen Schaal, Mel Rodriguez, January Jones, Cleopatra Coleman.
Phil Miller is not the best example of modern man. An ordinary office worker who doesn’t even have plans for the next day. A simple man who prefers to ignore his surroundings. But everything has suddenly changed.
Waking up in the morning, he finds out that the city is completely empty. Phil would be happy here, but the thought that he is the last one regularly sends goosebumps down his spine.
An interesting fact: the birthdays of the protagonist and the actor who played this role are on the same day – June 17th.
The protagonist got his own name from directors of the series – Phil Lord and Christopher Miller.
- Rating: Kinopoisk – 5.76 / IMDB – 6.3;
- Genre: Fantasy, thriller, drama;
- Production: Denmark / 2018;
- Directed by: Kenneth Kainz, Natasha Artyu;
- Cast: Iben Yail, Alba August, Lukas Tonnessen, Mikkel Boe Völsgaard, Lars Simonsen, Johannes Kuhnke.
Simone and Rasmus lived normally in the prepared bunker. They know that a real apocalypse has come on the planet. But the desire to find the father made the sister and brother go out. They plan not only to find their father, but also to figure out what is really happening.
How could a single virus wipe out humanity in mere weeks? The situation is complicated by the fact that it constantly rains, and one raindrop is able to kill a living organism.
Only four actors appeared in all 20 episodes of the series – these are Alba August, Mikel bo Felsgaard, Lukas Lekken and Lukas Tennessen.
- Rating: Kinopoisk – 7.44 / IMDB – 7.6;
- Genre: Fantasy, drama;
- Production: Ireland, UK / 2008;
- Directed by: Jamie Payne, Andrew Gunn, Ian B. McDonald, Farren Blackburn, David Evans, John Alexander;
- Cast: Julie Graham, Max Beasley, Paterson Joseph, Zoe Tupper, Phillip Reese, Chahak Patel, Robin Addison, Nicholas Gleaves.
The virus mercilessly destroyed human civilization. Billions of people have become innocent victims of the epidemic. However, there were also such people, whose immunity was able to withstand the terrible virus.
A small group of people is forced to lose loved ones, relatives, while remaining completely safe. This infection took Abby’s son away, and she was determined to find an antidote for the virus.
Who would have thought that her desires would lead to a strange company, which, according to the evidence, started this inhuman pandemic?
The series is the remake of the 1975 project of the same name.
- Rating: Kinopoisk – 6.85 / IMDB – 7.7;
- Genre: Detective, Drama, Mystery, Adventure, Thriller, Fantasy;
- US production / 2015;
- Directed by: David Grossman;
- Cast: Emily Hampshire, Barbara Zukova, Alisen Down, Ramon De Ocampo, Demore Barnes, Noah Bean, Kirk Acevedo, Amanda Schull, Aaron Stanford.
Cole is in a dangerous situation. His loud and sharp statements towards the authorities didn’t go unpunished. He is under threat of execution because of his disrespect for the authorities. But at the last moment a proposal to send the prisoner to the past has gotten.
Maybe Cole will be able to find samples of the virus that led humanity into decline. Getting such a proposal, the protagonist agrees, not imagining what difficulties he will have to endure.
The main inspiration for the series was the film Looper (2012) with Bruce Willis.
The first season of the series received high marks from film critics, including such respectable portals as Rotten Tomatoes and Metacritic.
- Rating: Kinopoisk – 6.54 / IMDB – 7.4;
- Genre: Drama, Foreign series, Fantasy;
- US production / 2016;
- Directed by: Juan José Campanella;
- Cast: Justin Chu-Carey Noah Kraft, Johnny Cannizzaro, Hilty Bowen, Tom Beyer, Tristen Bankston, Charles Baker, Aedyn Minx, Jacob Vargas, Lovi Johnson, Peter Jacobson, Josh Holloway, Sarah Wayne Callies.
Los Angeles has been under heavy occupation for several years now. Thanks to the experience of working in the FBI, Will manages to snatch favorable conditions for the life of his wife and son. You can’t build family happiness at gunpoint, but you have to endure it. That’s the position of Will.
The son of the protagonist thinks differently. He is soon taken away from his parents for no reason. Will Bowman decides it’s time to get the hidden gun and return his sun. Who would have thought that the reasons for such an act are more than weighty?
The series was created by Carlton Cuse and Josh Holloway, who previously worked together on Lost.
- Rating: Kinopoisk – 6.48 / IMDB – 6.8;
- Genre: Fantasy, Thriller, Drama, Detective;
- US production / 2015;
- Directed by: Stephen A. Edelson;
- Cast: Ken Olin, Carl Lumbly, Henry Lubatti, Nick Hwang, Tony Beard, James Wolk, Kristen Connolly, Billy Burke, Nora Arnezeder, Nonso Anozie.
A strange wave of animal attacks on humans has swept across the Earth. The authorities attribute everything to chance; they say that people are always in danger because of their stupidity.
The problem continued to be ignored. However, Jackson Oz quickly realized that this was unhealthy animal behavior. He had to observe the lions in Botswana prairie. So he established the fact that animals have been infected with a strange virus. The worst thing is that animals show aggression only towards people. Will Dr. Oz be able to find the causes and then the cure?
Despite the variety of locations, all filming took place in New Orleans.
The reasonable bear was voiced by the famous British actor Ian McKellen.
- Rating: Kinopoisk – 7.29 / IMDB 8.1;
- Genre: Fantasy, Thriller, Drama, Detective;
- Production: Canada, USA/2016;
- Directed by: Andy Mikita;
- Cast: Jennifer Spence, William McDonald, J. Alex Brinson, Lea Cairns, Patrick Gilmour, Eric McCormack, Reilly Dolman, Jared Abrahamson, Mackenzie Porter, Nesta Cooper.
The distant future is finally closed from humanity. Trying to chase technologies and weapon, people have turned the planet into a vile desert, where there are no perspectives. But at the last moment, it is possible to create a technology for transferring consciousness into the body of a person who had to live at the beginning of the 21st century.
Perhaps this is the only chance to prevent a catastrophe. A small group of people make a jump into the past. But will it work? Numerous theories about time loops say that this is impossible. It will only give rise to a new branch of the development of the universe.
Only two actors from the entire crew of the series did not star in cameo roles in the series Supernatural.
Like many other time-themed film projects, Voyagers contradicts many theories and hypotheses.
- Rating: Kinopoisk – 7.29 / IMDB – 7.6;
- Genre: Fantasy, Drama, Detective;
- Production: Canada, USA/2014;
- Directed by: Dean White;
- Cast: Josh Ssettuba, Chris Browning, Chelsea Reist, Jarod Joseph, Richard Harmon, Genevieve Buechner, Lindsey Morgan, Sachin Sahel, Marie Avgeropoulos, Eliza Taylor-Cotter.
Humanity has successfully moved to a large ship orbiting the devastating Earth. Now people understand that you need to keep order and obey the rules. Otherwise, the exile to the planet awaits them. Since the number of places on the ship is limited, it was decided that all criminals and violators would be sent to the surface of the Earth.
Another hundred prisoners will soon go to die on the planet. Who would have thought that instead of a quick death, teenagers would face many secrets and mysteries of the new Earth?
Many character names in the series should be taken as references to famous writers of the 19th and 20th century.
The main soundtrack for the series was inspired by the soundtrack in the Fallout game.
- Rating: Kinopoisk – 4.17 / IMDB – 3.1;
- Genre: Action, Thriller, Fantasy;
- US production/2014;
- Directed by: Vic Armstrong;
- Cast: Nicolas Cage, Chad Michael Murray, Cassie Thomson, Nikki Whelan, Jordin Sparks, Lea Thompson, Quinton Aaron, Laura Coyote, Martin Klebba, William Ragsdale.
In an instant, a strange wave of disappearances passed across the Earth. More than 140 million people have disappeared without a trace. There are no hints, no any information about the incident. Scientists also tried to find the causes, but in vain.
Three years later, a new global catastrophe occurs – religion has lost its power, and gloomy radical sects come to replace it. It is in such conditions that the main characters have to continue to live.
Peter Berg liked the idea of a post-apocalyptic series so much that after filming the pilot episode, he decided to join the production team on the project.
- Rating: Kinopoisk – 6.83 / IMDB – 6.7;
- Genre: Horror, Fantasy, Action, Drama, Romance, Comedy;
- US production / 2014;
- Directed by: John Hyams;
- Cast: Michael Welsh, Kellita Smith, Tom Everett Scott, DJ Qualls, Harold Perrineau, Russell Hodgkinson, Anastasia Baranova, Keith Allan, Brian Sutherland.
The virus has turned humanity into bloodthirsty monsters. There is not a single safe corner on the continents, and scientists have not been able to find a cure. Unexpectedly, a man whose blood is able to resist the virus has been found among the survivors.
To understand the reasons for this, you need to send the protagonist to New York safe and sound. Will a team of trained soldiers be able to complete this mission successfully?
The series was inspired by the acclaimed zombie comedy Welcome to Zombieland (2009). Throughout the series, numerous references to this film can be seen.
The Last Ship
- Rating: Kinopoisk – 6.24 / IMDB – 7.5;
- Genre: Fantasy, Action, Thriller, Drama, War;
- US production/2014;
- Directed by: Michael Kettleman;
- Cast: John Piper-Ferguson, Jocko Sims, Christina Elmore, Charles Parnell, Travis Van Winkle, Michaela McManus, Adam Baldwin, Eric Dane, Rhona Mitra.
80% of humanity has been destroyed. Evil monsters have populated the planet. America has become a desert, where everything is covered in blood. Worst of all, this epidemic took away many world-famous scientists. Because of that the chances of finding an antidote are reduced to zero.
The last hope for the crew of the destroyer Nathan James. Luckily, in the midst of the epidemic it was far away in neutral waters. Will they be able to find a panacea for the virus in a short time and stop the destruction of the human race?
The 4th season was the most problematic. That’s because of Eric Dane’s depression. The production of the series had to be delayed several times.
- Rating: Kinopoisk – 6.15 / IMDB – 6.7;
- Genre: Fantasy, Action, Thriller, Drama, Romance, Adventure;
- US production / 2012;
- Directed by: Jon Favreau;
- Cast: Tracey Spiridakos, Mike Holmes, Michael Duesenberg, J.D. Pardo, Zack Orth, Maria Howell, Daniella Alonso, Elizabeth Mitchell, William Hutchings, Tim Guinee, Giancarlo Esposito, Ken Arnold, Shane Callahan, Billy Burke.
In an instant, an inexplicable impulse spread throughout the planet, after which not a single electrical device works. No lights, smartphones, TV. People cannot even cook food without electrical appliances. Only a fifteen-year period of adaptation managed to cool the human panic and horror.
Now we have to live, as if in prehistoric times. It seemed that the situation was a stalemate, because some people still believe that this impulse was intentional. Will the phenomenon that took away electricity from a person become an artificial weapon of mass destruction?
Most of the titles for the episodes were based on the fantasy story of the Patriot Game and the works of the rock band Led Zeppelin.
- Rating: Kinopoisk – 8.10 / IMDB – 7.3;
- Genre: Fantasy, Drama, Detective, Adventure;
- Production Spain / 2011;
- Directed by: David Molina;
- Cast: Bernabé Fernandez, Marina Salas, Mario Casas, Irene Montala, Luis Calejo, Juan Pablo Suk, Nus Sans, Ivan Massague, Javier Hernandez, Blanca Suarez, Giselle Calderon, Juan José Artero.
The protagonist is preparing for a long voyage on his favorite ship named The Polar Star. Preparing for the trip, he unexpectedly decides to invite several students from the naval school. When they were far from the coast, a terrible explosion occurred. The experimental weapon instantly submerged the entire land under water.
The characters are at a loss, because now there is no turning back. It remains for them to continue to drift through the waters of the oceans in the hope of finding more survivors. But one question arises: is this a good idea?
In 2014, a remake of the series called “Ship” was released in Russia.
The first season of the series was watched by more than 4 million people.
Fallout: Nuka Break
- Rating: Kinopoisk – 7.62 / IMDB – 8.1;
- Genre: Action, Foreign series, Comedy, Fantasy;
- US production/2011;
- Budget: $1,000,000;
- Directed by: Vincent Talenti;
- Cast: Vincent Talenti, Nicky Harper, Malcolm McDowell, Kevin Brooks, Michelle Specht, Robert Thorne, Vic Mignogna, Aaron Giles, Tybee Diskin, Zack Finfrock.
The war between China and the United States has brought the planet into decline. Bombed lands, scorched soils have significantly reduced the human population. However, the situation is aggravated by the fact that this war has led to a significant spread of the FEV virus, which was previously a formidable deterrent.
How can humanity continue to exist in this situation? The lucky ones managed to hide in bunkers, others managed to find shelter in the oceans, but resources are running out. Sooner or later you’ll be forced to get out.
The total budget for the entire series is $1 million.
The average length of an episode is 10 minutes.
- Rating: Kinopoisk – 6.93 / IMDB – 7.2;
- Genre: fiction;
- Production: Canada, USA/2011;
- Directed by: Greg Beeman;
- Cast: Maxim Knight, Connor Jessup, Dale Dye, Bruce Gray, Drew Roy, Colin Cunningham, Mpho Koaho, Sarah Carter, Moon Bloodgood, Noah Wyle.
Tom Mason worked as a history teacher at Boston University. Now he repels the attack of evil monsters from another galaxy with a rifle in his hands. A few years ago, the Skeeter race destroyed the Earth without much difficulty.
Humans have become an endangered species, and all the Earth is under alien control. The last place where it is still possible to hold back a massive attack of the enemy is Massachusetts. Will Tom be able to work out a plan to defend against the enemy, or will humanity’s last stronghold be destroyed?
The series was liked by the famous director and producer Steven Spielberg. The work interested him so much that he decided to produce the project.
Into The Badlands
- Rating: Kinopoisk – 7.45 / IMDB – 8.0;
- Genre: Action, drama, adventure;
- US production / 2015;
- Directed by: David Dobkin;
- Cast: Edie Gathegi, Teressa Liane, Ellen Hollman, Stephen Lang, Oliver Stark, Michael Seal, Madeleine Mantock, Aramis Knight, Ellie Ioannides, Orla Brady, Sarah Bolger, Emily Beecham, Daniel Wu, Marton Csokas.
The Desert of Death is a vast territory ruled by feudal lords. Mankind quickly turned into dust, which is why the remaining survivors had to take responsibility for humanity.
A terrible struggle immediately began among many barons. No one wants to cede their possessions to another feudal lord. Collisions and betrayals have become commonplace.
But everyone knows a rule: no matter what interests are pursued, you can’t touch Sunny – the most dangerous killer on the planet. He preferred a solitary life, but again gets involved in problems, after which he saves a stranger …
For the filming of this series about the end of the world and survival, the scenery from the movie “Django Unchained” (2012) was used.
The first season of the series was filmed in Louisiana, and the second in Ireland.]
- Rating: Kinopoisk – 6.97 / IMDB – 7.0;
- Genre: Fantasy, Action, Drama;
- USA production / 2002;
- Directed by: Michael Viger;
- Cast: Candice McClure, Kimberly Hawthorne, Joanne Kelly, Robert Wisden, Sean Astin, Byron Lawson, Ingrid Kavelaars, Peter Stebbings, Malcolm-Jamal Warner, Luke Perry.
An unknown disease has wiped out the entire adult population of the planet. Only those who had not yet reached puberty managed to survive. In the first months of this terrible event, most of the teenagers behaved defiantly.
Robbery, vandalism and murder have become the norm. Soon even the water and food will run out. What should teenagers do then? They not only managed to destroy the whole world created by their parents, but also endangered their own lives.
The series was canceled in its second season due to disagreements between the director and MGM, which left some storylines unfinished.